The Youth Homelessness Representative Council (YHRC) is a group of 10 young people (aged 18–25 years) who meet several times a year to discuss and plan around issues affecting young people at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
The overall aim of the YHRC is to:
- engage with young people in decision making around issues that affect young people experiencing homelessness
- provide young people with a platform to voice concerns on issues that matter to them
- provide opportunities to collaborate with young people on policy and program development
- provide an opportunity for member services and government to consult with young people about proposed practice and policy changes
- engage with the sector and ensure we are bringing together the collective voice of young people.
Young people aged 18–25 who have a lived experience of homelessness and a passion to improve young people’s lives are encouraged to apply. We accept applications to join the YHRC on an ongoing basis.
YHRC MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION ONLINE
For more information on the YHRC please contact us on 02 8306 7901 or [email protected]