Membership is available for specialist homelessness services (SHS), corporations, community organisations and individuals, including children and young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
As a Yfoundations member you will:
- have direct access to Yfoundations advocacy and member support
- receive invitations to key events within and for the youth homelessness sector
- receive regular information regarding key activities and events within the homelessness and housing sectors
- receive monthly newsletters, sector bulletins, and member mailings
- be invited to our general and annual general meetings
- have voting rights at Yfoundations' annual general meetings
- provide input on our submissions and reports
- have the opportunity to participate in various policy development and other committees
- receive discounts on our conferences, forums and seminar fees as well as specialist training courses and publications
- have access to our Members Portal, Forum and Members Only content.
Any organisation or person is eligible to apply to become a member or associate member of Yfoundations. There are three levels of membership.
Organisational membership is open to organisations that provide direct services to children and young people who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness and want to support and shape our advocacy and campaign work. Organisational members can contribute to and vote on policy directions, governance and our strategic direction. Organisational members are eligible to be voted onto the board of management.
Associate/Affiliate membership is open to organisations that are concerned with the provision of youth housing and support services for children and young people at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Associate/Affiliate members can contribute to and vote on policy directions, governance and our strategic direction. Associate members are not eligible to be voted onto the board of management.
Individual membership is open to individuals who work with people experiencing homelessness, are children or young people, or are concerned with youth homelessness in Australia. Individual members can contribute to and vote on our policy directions. Individual members are eligible to be voted onto the board of management.
As a member, you can actively participate in our work to create a future without youth homelessness.
To find out more about membership and apply to become a member of Yfoundations, click one of the following buttons.