TESTING - history_why_nych
Why was NYCH formed?
NYCH was formed to end youth homelessness and create youth housing solutions. The NYCH Constitution outlines the objects of the Coalition as¹:
- To provide a national forum for non-government organisations concerned with the provision of, co-ordination of, and activities related to youth housing at State and Territory levels,
- To make representation to, and where appropriate, co-operate with governments and other relevant organisations at Local, State, Federal and International levels in the pursuit of these objects,
- To co-ordinate action around the issues of youth and housing, and other related issues;
- To undertake research related to youth housing; and
- To facilitate the development of a national youth housing policy.